How To Prevent RunoutsAt SIS Propane, we do our best to ensure our customers always have fuel. Here are some tips to ensure you don't run out of fuel:
- Sign up for Autofill. This is a free service provided to all SIS customers - it simply means that, at regular intervals, our drivers will come out and check your tank. If your tank is below a certain percentage of fuel, we automatically fill the tank. Autofill runs from September 1st to March 31st.
- During snowstorms, priority is given to Autofill customers.
- If you prefer to call in for fills, be sure to call SIS when your gauge reads 30% (40% in colder weather).
- Be aware that in icey or snowy conditions, our propane trucks may not be able to navigate certain roads and/or driveways. If a road or driveway has not been cleared to a width of at least nine feet, our trucks may not be able to reach your tank.
- Check your tank on a regular basis, such as when you take out the garbage.
- Keep a full, 20lb BBQ tank on hand. In the event you do run out of fuel, the BBQ tank can be hooked up in place of your regular tank.
- If your tank does run out of fuel, when our driver fills the tank they will shut off the gas supply valve. This will be noted on your bill. In order to use the fuel, you will have to turn the valve back on.
- If you are using more fuel than normal, contact SIS and let us know. If you don't contact us, we won't know your usage has gone up, which could lead to a runout.